Hello Hawthorn Pupils!
Class Teacher: Miss C Higgins
LSAs: Ms A Thompson & Mrs J Joyce
(Mon - Wed) (Thurs - Fri)
- Please remind your child to wear their P.E. kit on their P.E. days: Mondays (Indoors) and Wednesdays (Outdoors).
- Please also remember to label all your child’s clothing.
- Reading - Daily reading continues to be important in Years 4 & 5. Please complete your child’s reading record book when you hear them read (a minimum of 3 times per week).
- Books can be changed any morning, once the previous book/s have been read satisfactorily.
- Times Tables – It is vital each child from Year 4 upwards have fast, accurate recall of all their times tables facts. Your child will receive times tables grids with their homework to complete (ideally one every day).
- The weekly times table test will be completed each Thursday, when their score will be recorded. Your child should aim to maintain and/ or beat their score, each week.
- Homework – Homework will be set on Google Classroom every Monday afternoon, this work will consist of a multiple-choice comprehension task and a Maths activity (e.g. based on the week's topic or a revision exercise).
- Your child's spelling words will also be listed; these should be practiced each evening in preparation for the spelling test on Friday.
- Completed homework should be handed-in, for marking, by Friday morning.
Finally, please do not hesitate to contact us (via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) should you require any further information.